UFC Fight Night 171: Smith vs. Teixeira live betting at BetRivers
The UFC returns to action amid the COVID-19 pandemic with UFC Fight Night 171: Smith vs. Teixiera tonight on ESPN+.
The event takes place at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla. on Wednesday, May 12 beginning at 6 p.m. EST, and you can bet live on the entire card at BetRivers.com.
UFC Fight Night 171 is headlined by a light heavyweight clash between former title challengers Anthony “Lionheart” Smith and Glover Teixeira, both falling short in their quest to take the championship from Jon “Bones” Jones.
Smith is a -190 money line favorite to defeat Teixeira, who is a +155 money line underdog ahead of the Wednesday night main event.
The 6-foot-4 Smith defeated Alexander Gustaffson in June 2019 via fourth-round rear-naked choke to secure his first win since dropping a decision loss to the champion Jones in the main event of UFC 235 in March 2019.
The UFC Fight Night 171 headliner marks Smith’s 12th trip to The Octagon, yet just the second time as the betting favorite, the first time since his July 2018 bout vs. Maurico “Shogun” Rua. Smith is 2-0 as a betting favorite with wins over Rua and Rashad Evans, and holds an overall UFC record of 8-3.
The 40-year-old Teixeira, nine years Smith’s senior, is six years removed from his title fight with Jones, a decision loss at UFC 172. But working in his favor is a three-fight win streak and a 4-1 record in his last five fights. Teixeira holds a 13-5 record inside The Octagon but enters Wednesday night as the underdog for the first time since his May 2017 bout vs. Gustaffson, a fifth-round TKO loss.
Visit our website and have a look at the ufc betting odds
Teixeira holds an overall UFC record of 13-5, but is 0-2 when entering as the underdog.
UFC Fight Night 171 Preliminary Card
- Chase Sherman (13-6, -162) vs. Isaac Villanueva (16-9, +130)
- Hunter Azure (8-0, -190) vs. Brian Kelleher (20-10, +150)
- Omar Antonio Morales Ferrer (9-0, -177) vs. Gabriel Benitez (21-7, +140)
- Siraja Eubanks (4-4, -400) vs. Sarah Moras (6-5, +295)
- Michael Johnson (19-15, -112) vs. Thiago Moises (12-4, -112)
- Phillip Lins (14-3, -162) vs. Andre Arlovski (28-19-2, +130)
UFC Fight Night 171 Main Card
- Marin Vettori (14-1-1, -186) vs. Karl Robinson (9-2, +151)
- Ricky Simon (15-3, -165) vs. Ray Borg (13-4, +132)
- Drew Dober (22-9, -125) vs. Alexander Hernandez (11-2, +102)
- Ovince Saint Preux (24-13, -139) vs. Ben Rothwell (37-12, +115)
- Anthony Smith (33-14, -190) vs. Glover Teixeira 30-7, +155)
(Odds as of 12:00 p.m. ET, May 13)
You can bet live right as the fights are unfolding. It’s an incredible way to amp up the thrill and celebrate the return of major American sports. Visit BetRivers.com and place your bets in Indiana or Pennsylvania. And a special shout-out to our fabulous new visitors in Colorado, where sports betting was legalized just last week!