2020 La Liga Betting Preview: Odds and moneylines for Spain’s top league
La Liga, Spain’s top domestic soccer league is set to return to the pitch Thursday for the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic forced a suspension of operations in March. BetRivers.com is proud to provide a wide variety of odds, moneylines and live betting for 2020 La Liga action.
Sevilla and Real Betis will take to the pitch at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday, June 11 for La Liga’s first match since March 10. BetRivers.com has a wide variety of La Liga odds, futures, moneylines, and live betting options.
With 27 games down, and 11 matchweeks left, the race for the title, and to avoid relegation is going to pick up.
At the top of the La Liga table is, once again, the league’s most recognizable clubs Barcelona (-182 to win the title) and Real Madrid (+140), with just two points separating them when play resumes.
But the race for third and fourth place, the final two spots for UEFA Champions League qualification, is where the action will intensify. Sevilla (-167 top 4 finish), Real Sociedad (+200), Getafe (+200), Atletico Madrid (-305), and Valencia (+1100) are separated by just five points.
2020 La Liga Standings (As of 6/9/2020)
- F.C. Barcelona: 18-4-5. 32 GD. 58pts.
- Real Madrid: 26-8-3. 30 GD. 56pts.
- Sevilla: 13-8-6. 10 GD. 47pts.
- Real Sociedad: 14-4-9. 12 GD. 46pts.
- Getafe: 13-7-7. 12 GD. 46pts
- Atletico Madrid: 11-12-4. 10 GD. 45pts.
- Valencia: 11-9-7. -1 GD. 42pts.
- Villarreal: 11-5-11. 6 GD. 38pts.
- Granada: 11-5-11. 1 GD. 38pts.
- Athletic Club: 9-10-8. 1 GD. 37pts.
- Osasuna: 8-10-9. -4 GD. 34pts.
- Real Betis: 8-9-10. -5 GD. 33pts.
- Levante: 10-3-14. -8 GD. 33pts.
- Alaves: 8-8-11. -8 GD. 32pts.
- Valladolid: 6-11-10. -10 GD. 29pts.
- Eibar: 7-6-14. -14 GD. 27pts.
- Celta Vigo: 5-11-11. -12 GD. 26pts.
- Mallorca: 7-4-16. -16 GD. 25pts.
- Leganes: 5-8-14. -18 GD. 23pts.
- Espanyol: 4-8-15. -23 GD. 20pts.
La Liga Top Players to Watch:
Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, Barcelona: Barcelona is buoyed by Messi, arguably the best player in the world, and Suarez, one of the five best players in the world. Messi and Suarez have combined to score 30 of Barcelona’s 63 goals, with Messi leading the league with 19, as well as a league-high 12 assists.
Karim Benzema, Real Madrid: The French forward has taken up the mantle as the top scorer for Madrid, leading the way with a team-high 14 goals and 6 assists. With Gareth Bale only playing in 14 matches thus far, Benzema has done the heavy lifting, registering more than 1,000 minutes on the pitch than the next closes Real Madrid forward.
Jan Oblak, Atletico Madrid: The Slovenian goalkeeper has registered 54 saves to just 21 goals allowed. He is currently ranked second in goals-against per 90 minutes (0.79), second in clean sheets (11), and seventh in wins (11).
La Liga Matchweek 28 Schedule:
Sevilla (-115) vs. Real Betis (+290). 4 p.m.
Granada (+215) vs. Getafe (+148). 1:30 p.m.
Valencia (-143) vs. Levante (+345). 4 p.m.
Espnayol (+110) vs. Alaves (+280). 8 a.m.
Celta Vigo (+160) vs. Villarreal (+175). 11 a.m.
Leganes (+135) vs. Valladolid (+240). 1:30 p.m.
Mallorca (+800) vs. Barcelona (-345). 4 p.m.
Athletic Club (+240) vs. Atletico Madrid (+130). 8 a.m.
Real Madrid (-400) vs. Eibar (+915). 1:30 p.m.
Real Sociedad (-155) vs. Osasuna (+410). 4 p.m.
(Odds as of 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday, June 9.)